Sunday, May 2, 2010

Eleven for the Class of '10

Last weekend I met with the parents of Marin Waldorf's Class of 2010, while the students were on their eighth grade trip, to help them paint their children's diplomas. This one is all new elements (sometimes I re-use pieces from year to year, see the older ones here) and I'm kind of tickled with my first curved masthead and the little ribbon banner at the top. The lettering is Spencerian and blackletter.

It was an enthusiastic, talented and focused group! We had ten of eleven families represented, so one parent worked on two diplomas.


It was really fun to hear the conversation as snippets of news about their children were shared.


Notice the poster in the background above: a gloriously engrossed and illuminated poster of the Gettysburg Address! A little unexpected inspiration.




I wanted a picture of each painter, but my camera battery didn't cooperate. Everyone did a great job and I think they look beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails