Friday, February 24, 2012

Handwriting on the Wall Vol. 3


I am having so much fun with chalk on this big blank wall!  Of course, that pesky TV is in the way but I just view it (so to speak) as a design challenge.  This quote from Bay Area icon Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto is a seven-word rule-of-thumb for taking care of ourselves.  (By "food" he means real food as opposed to "edible food-like substances"...).  

To this he has added some new rules in his new illustrated version of Food Rules: An Eater's Manual:  "Give some thought to where your  food comes from."  "If you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, then you're probably not hungry."  "Place a bouquet of flowers on the table and everything will taste twice as good."

Of course this does mean we have to close our eyes when we're packing away a pint of mocha chip...

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Jody! I love the banner and the olive branch - too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jane, love the banner with your lettering and art! And your comment about the mocha chip ice cream, so cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I want a chalk wall now!

    I could not agree more about the comments from the book ~ all so true and good thoughts to live by.

    xo~~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails